DexLabs Search Engine

9/24/17

FFBs 2nd anniversary! The Story so far

(2 days earlier cuz idk if i can make it next week due to exams)

On September 2015, i made the choice to create a blog. I have made blogs before so this wasnt hard, but what WAS hard was the topic.

Ive had alot in mind: Minecraft, Lego, Card games and more. But recently i found out about FusionFall Legacy, a revival to one of my favorite games of all time: FusionFall. I saw that preregistration for the demo was up, so i decided to cover it via a video. I knew that i had to make a blog for it too, as i had gotten back into FusionFall.

I forgot about FusionFall around 2014, where i pretty much had 0 hopes that it would return, but when i saw this i literally shed a tear :,)

I made my 1st post on September 26th, 2015, where i covered the character creation/preregistration for the demo. Looking at it now i cringe at it, but hey, everyone cringes at their 1st thing rite?

I advertised the blog in the old Modulator Network FFL Forums, and sometimes in the Live Chat. It quickly picked up traffic and started to be noticed.

By the end of 2015, i had 500+ visits (or views). Not much but i was proud and knew it was gonna pick up popularity next year.

2016 started, and FusionFall RETRO was announced, a recreation of the original 2010 FusionFall. I loved this as i never experienced the old FusionFall. I was always an Academy player but i did knew about the Future.

I knew that i needed to change the name of the blog, as it wasnt about Legacy anymore, so it was changed from "The FusionFall Legacy Blog" to "The FusionFall Blog" around February or March. On March the blog finally got 1000+ views, a big milestone i seriously didnt expect to reach.

Jump ahead to June, where i made the Twitter for the blog. It was originally just for announcements and posts, but eventually became a place to post random stuff, aside from notices from new posts. This helped alot, as advertising on a social media was a better way to get people to see the blog. The forums were still used for that but also helped alot to get the blog more views. It did work out pretty well as by the end of June the blog finally reached 2200+ views, which was made thanks to the twitter.

By July, we had reached 3000 views, which was crazy as i didnt expect it to get to the next number so quickly. The end of summer came and views declined a little bit per month, but it wasnt by much. By September we got to 4000+ views. This year we also celebrated the 1st anniversary since it was released.

On November we got to 6000+ views, and in December we got to 7000+. I was amazed by the crazy boost in popularity of the blog. At the end of 2016 we ended up getting 13x more views than last year, which was reasonable since the blog was started late into the year.

Some of my inspirations to make my blog include FusionFall Hints n Tips made by Oliver ZombieWeasel, which i also enjoyed his series´ and posts back in the day. Legomegazord and his great FusionFall videos, and my passion for the FusionFall Legacy project.

2017 has so far been one of the biggest years for us here. We got the biggest spike in visits in August, where we had 1704 visits! I found this crazy and im so proud :)

One thing i never expected was to see a popular FF Youtuber follow me! Famous FFL and FFR YTber "TheMagicalDealer" followed us on Twitter one random day! I was honestly gonna have a heart attack the day i saw that XP Thanks dude :)

As of now, the blog has gotten this month alone 1100+ views, and im so happy for you all that visit us, whether once, twice, or daily for checking this little passion project by me.

And now, with 14k strong, and heading to 15k, i just want to say THANK YOU for all the support and views youve all been giving us in these past 2 years. This has always been a favorite pastime, hobby and passion for me, and its a way to show love for both an amazing game and one of my favorite things ever: Blogging.

Heres to another great year of battling Fuse´s forces and taking back the CN Universe!
~Plants10000

No comments:

Post a Comment